The Story Behind This Product
On April Fool’s Day 2015 we sent out an email featuring a Trap Door™ Skirt that allows us women to finally answer nature’s call without baring our assets. When THOUSANDS of women responded urging us to make the product for real we realized we had struck a chord.
You know what we are talking about:
- The not-so-glamorous struggle to get your skirt back up over sweaty thighs and glutes after a mid-run pee stop.
- The nervous glances over your shoulder as you try to be discreet and speedy behind a shrub when there is no porta potty in sight.
- The pads, leaks, or stressful tampon changes while running and racing.
- The embarrassing leaks that 1 in 3 women experience from exercise-induced incontinence, sadly prompting many of them to avoid running altogether.
Women were enthralled by the idea of a skirt that would allow them easy access to quick potty stops, as well as helping with a slew of other women-centric issues! In October 2015 we launched a Kickstarter Campaign to test the concept. We needed to see if women runners TRULY wanted this product. Well guess what? You do! The project was successfully funded within two weeks of launching with over $35,000 of backing. We closed the project after four weeks with over $60,000 of pre-sold Gotta Go Skirts and fun peepee-inspired Gotta Go Tees. Now the skirt is back for you to to try!
- Skirt: Aero Light Jersey (poly/spandex)
- Built-in shorties: Semi-compression mesh (poly/spandex)
- Crotch gusset liner in shorts: Poly/spandex knit mesh
- Trap Door Compartment: Works similar to old school long underwear. A wicking fabric flap is attached to the back of the shorties underneath the skirt and opens in the front. It is secured by a wide strip of Velcro that is adjustable, so you can make the Trap Door tighter or looser depending on your body and if you are using a pad.
- Relief Hatch: The Trap Door covers an anatomically positioned Relief Hatch that allows women to go the bathroom without even needing to squat! The relief hatch is both #1 and #2 compatible!
- Pad compatible: The Trap Door is made to fit an athletic pad for women who suffer from exercise induced incontinence, heavy periods, or just want a little extra insurance
- Skirt length (med): 15″
- Built-in shorties: 6″ inseam
- Three pockets; one on each leg and a zipper pocket in back
- Sonic music port for easy headphone access
- UV 50+