16 Nov The only secret: there is no secret!
Run This World Podcast 75 – Olympic Medalist Lorraine Moller Believes the Only Secret is that There is No Secret
Meet Lorraine Moller – Champion athlete, Olympic medalist, Boston Marathon winner, Coach, Wife, Mom and more. Lorraine grew up in New Zealand and struggled with various physical and emotional issues that affected her self-esteem at a young age. Fortunately she was blessed with a gift – the gift of running – a gift that she discovered when she was still a child. Lorraine pursued the sport of running, eventually becoming one of the best distance runners in the world. She won countless marathons including Boston in 1984, competed in four Olympic Games, winning a bronze medal in 1992 at age 37, and was generally a pioneering woman in sport in all ways. Through her journey, Lorraine ultimately made peace with the things that held her back both personally and athletically.
Lorraine is a bright, positive light in this world. It’s fun to interview people who have written tell-all memoirs because they have already found peace with all the tough things they’ve faced. The simple act of writing them down is very liberating. It also allows them to talk freely about things that can often be uncomfortable, like failed relationships, physical hardships and more.
Today we talk about:
- The symbolism and power of Lorraine’s guiding force – Mercury
- Becoming a runner: Discovering her running talent and pursuing it to the top level
- Childhood trauma that shaped who she is today
- How we compensate when things are tough or uncomfortable
- Coaching: the importance of surrounding yourself with the right coaching influence
- Coaching today: Lorraine coaches coaches! She co-founded the Lydiard Foundation – Upcoming events here for more info
- Relationships and self-esteem: What are we actually seeking?
- Chasing a dream & discovering what’s really most important on the other side
- Having a baby at 45
- The power of Believing in Yourself